The next wave of London tech start-ups
AT&A is the risk and insurance advocate for Tech London Advocates (see www.techlondonadvocates.org.uk), the London tech scene private sector advisors. In view of our involvement we were given the chance to be one of the judges of the TLA’s recent ‘Ad:Tech’ event for start-up businesses.
The premise was simple: London tech companies with exciting new products that could be used in the advertising/media/marketing world applied, and were then whittled down to a final pool of seven promising companies.
The prize on offer was worthwhile:
1. An exclusive place at a TLA Pitch Camp training day
2. Pitching their products in front of 6 judges from across the industry including Microsoft, Vodaphone… and AT&A!
3. A place in the final of Ad:Tech London’s ‘Next Big Thing’ Awards
4. A free stand at the national Ad:Tech Show
Some of the companies who made it through to pitching in front of the judges included:
• Sliide: Cash rewards for discovering great brands via your (locked) mobile phone screen
• Fanbyte: Helps artists and brands engage and grow through unforgettable experiences
• On Scroll: Viewable only display ads
• Adverdose UK: Video creating app
• StreetLike: Retail reward programme giving instant and personalised offers
• Kreative Squid: Search and book Dance & Music artists online
This was a great event. The ingenuity, vision and creativity of all the start-ups was awesome. All of these guys were under 25 years old or so but their confidence and style was great to see. Oh, and the winner was… Sliide.